Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I just wanted to add a little note on my blog to all of the special women in my life who have helped me and inspired me along the way. I want to thank my three sisters for all of the laughs and tears that we have shared together. For all the fights that brought us closer together and most importantly, for all of the love and experiences that we share with each other. I am so grateful to have you all in my life! I am lucky to have you as my closest friends. I hope that we will always stay close to each other and help each other with our struggles and trials and share our excitement and joy too. I also want to thank my grandmother for the wonderful example that she has set for me. She is such an amazingly patient person and always has a kind word to say about everyone. She has always made me feel like I am the most important thing to her, even when everyone else is around (I am sure that my sisters would say the same thing about themselves). She will always be an inspiration of love and kindness to me. I hope that as the years go by for me, I will be able to take some of her kindness with me. I am also extremely lucky to have such an amazing relationship with my in-laws. To me it is almost weird to call them in-laws because they feel just at much my family as my own flesh and blood do. They have always treated me like their daughter and sister and never anything less. I will forever be grateful to them for the love that they continually show me and for the wonderful husband that they helped Jackson to be. Lastly, I want to thank my own mother for all the she does for me. Now that I am a mother I can't even imagine the worry and frustration that I caused her. From all of the countless hours that she spent helping me with my learning disability and then helping me learn to overcome it and realize how to adapt to it. She never let me feel bad about who I am and what my struggles are. Mom always helped me feel good about myself and that even though I am so little and have health problems as well as a learning disability, that didn't have to hinder what I can do in life. There is no way that I could have accomplished all that I have without the love and confidence that my parents showed me. Above all, I hope that I can carry that on to my children. I want them to know that no matter what problems and trials they may face, they can do anything that they want to. I may so grateful for these amazing women in my life and for their influence in my life and the lives of my children. I love you and hope that you all have the best Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, love you too. I thought what you wrote about Mom was so nice.

Heidi said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. I am so glad that you are my sister.