Friday, April 25, 2008

Feeling Surprised and Overwhelmed

On Sunday my bishop called me into his office to give me a new calling. He asked me to be the Secretary in the new Relief Society Presidency. It totally took me by surprise. I didn't think that I was old enough for a calling like this, plus I really love the calling that I have. I have been teaching the 10-11 year old girls in primary. They are the cutest things and I have really enjoy being with them. It has been so fun to have just girls and do all sorts of girly handouts and have parties and do things that the boys would totally hate. When I told my girls on Sunday we all started to cry (me the most) because we have been having so much fun!! I guess that the Lord wants me to learn something new. I have never been the Secretary in any presidency that I have ever been in. Not even in Young Women's growing up. This is all so new and overwhelming to me. We had our first presidency meeting on Wednesday and when we went over every ones responsibilities it was a lot to take in. Mine took up half of a page!!!! Hopefully, I will be able to figure out exactly what they need from me and find a little groove to set into. The other women I am with are all great and I am sure that this will really help me to learn and grow. It will also help me get to know some of the older sisters and the less active ones in the ward. These next couple of months will be really interesting!! I think that when I look back on this experience I will be glad that I had it. I think that it will really help me to grow in so many ways!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord knows you and your capabilities. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job! Love you and miss you.

Michelle said...

You are going to learn so much. Watch those that you serve with and you will gain much insight into your self and the Lord's divine plan for us all.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Hey...I got that same calling when Tyler was a new baby. I felt overwhelmed, but it is so great to be involved in RS in this way, and you don't have to teach! The presidency needs a fresh/young perspective like you can give. You'll be great! That is so cute that you and your girls got emotional together. That must mean you were a great teacher.