Monday, January 14, 2008

What's New

This year has already started with a lot of changes for us. Alex just celebrated his third birthday. I can hardly believe that my little boy is three now. He has always seemed like a part of our lives but on the other hand it is weird for me to see him getting older. He has defiantly developed his mother's stubbornness and he has his father's silliness at times. I tell people all of the time what an amazing a boy he is. His vocabulary is amazing to me and he continues to suprise me on the things that he understands. I know that all parents belive that there children are brilliant but we really think that he is. He know all of his number 1-20, he know his colors, he can put a 100 piece puzzle to together (with very little help), and is such a delightful boy. Currently his favorite things to do are putting puzzles together, reading stories to himself, playing with cards, helping mom sweep, running around with his friends, watching movies and anything to do with Pokemon (it drives his mother crazy). Jackson and I feel so blessed to have him in our lives. Hopefully, he will feel the same about us when he is grown.

I have started back to work at a salon here in Layton. I am just working part-time, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and all day Saturday. The work has been nice and allowed to sharpen some of my skills and have some time for myself. I have been concerned about how Alex is handling our new schedule, but I am sure that he will adjust. My sister Heidi has been a great help to us with me working again. She has been babysitting Alex for a couple of hours on Wednesday and Thursday until Jackson gets home from work. I don't know what we would do without our families. They are always there when we need them. I still enjoy my cooking and watching the food network when I can. For Christmas I got two new cookbooks and a Kitchenaide mixer. I have really enjoyed using them!!!

Jackson is still working at L-3 Communications as a buyer and is doing well there. The new thing for him is that he is working on writing a Science Fiction/Fantasy book. This has allowed him really use his imagination and creativity. He is hoping that a publisher will publish it and then he can become a full-time author. Jackson is also very busy with his calling at church. He is the 1st counselor in the Young Men's presidency which takes him away on Tuesday nights and lots of weekends for activities. He is really great at it and the boys love him.

We hope that all of our friends and family will enjoy hearing from us. Please send us notes and let us know how you are doing too. We love you all.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to go! Are you serious Alex can do a 100 piece puzzle? You didn't tell me that the other day. Luke is doing really well with 48, but wow, 100. He is so smart.Keep up the blog.