Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Big Boy

On Tuesday I took Alex to the Doctor for his 3 year check up. I was totally amazed at how well he is doing on his motor skills. As I started discussing the things that Alex can do and knows the doctor even seemed amazed. She that he is well above the average in all of his fine motor skills. Most kids his same age only know how to do a 24 piece puzzle, the numbers 1-10, some of the colors, and a few letters of the alphabet. I told her that he is putting together 100 piece puzzles (one in 3-D), he knows all of his colors, he can recognize several letters of the alphabet, and knows the numbers 1-20. We have always thought that he was really intellectual and very smart but it is nice to hear it from a professional. She also said that his language skills are really advanced as well. She said that most boys at his age aren't as easy to understand but is very clear. I was also amazed at his memory. He seemed to remember everything about the doctor. He remembered that she has a fish tank and that he would get a sticker when she was done. He didn't fight her on anything either. In fact, he even helped her with what she was doing and opened his mouth for her to check. He constantly amazes me!! I guess now we just need to keep challenging him to see what else he can do.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so awesome! I always love to hear from other sources how well my kid is doing. We all know how smart Alex is. I think that it is really important to keep challenging them, physically, mentally, and creatively. Try something new in arts and crafts or a new physical game, maybe he would like that. Give him a big kiss from his Aunt Michelle.

Heather said...

Great post Holly. XOXO Alex!