Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love Being an Aunt

On Thursday last week, my sister-in-law had her first baby. She is a beautiful little girl with a petite size frame. She only weighed 6lbs. 3oz and 19in. long. Her name is Eva Julie Chatelain. Nicole did really with the labor and delivery but I think that the pain afterwards surprised her. While I was at the hospital it got me reminiscing about all of my wonderful nieces and nephews and about my own labor and delivery with Alex. It has been quite awhile since we have had a newborn in our family that it was surprising to see how little they are. (It is amazing to me how you can forget things like that.) All of my sweet nephews and nieces are so beautiful and unique. It is so much fun to watch them grow and learn. It is almost as good as being a mom. I am so grateful that Alex has cousins that he can play with and develop those close bonds with. Jackson has always been really close with his cousins and it is something that we have always wanted for our children. Each of my little nieces and nephews hold such a special place in my heart. I hope that as they grow up they will know how much I love them!! Being and Aunt is awesome!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So sweet. Love to see a pic. try to put one on.